Monday, 30 April 2007

Who encourages the encourager, who helps the helper, who listens to the listener.....?

10 comments:

Andrew Paterson said...

How profound Michael - what a problem. You and I are so alike it is not funny!

I remember thinking that same issue for years - if you're a good listener, good encourager - who does it for you?

No easy answer. I'm listening to you though!!

mw said...

I have always thought - i would love someone around who is like me in that way. Mutual enocuragement, listening and helping. (and later on someone to love in the same way)

Thanks for listening : )

Jessica Lowe said...

I'm not sure whether it's a hubris thing to think of yourself like that - even though it's a good thing - anyhoo! From personal experience, it's this person who sometimes gets left behind and ends up being burnt out and not very happy at times. I guess it's that way because that person also would like someone to think of them the way they do them, and make them feel special every once in a while - say something nice unprompted, listen without a forced opinion - but they don't always get that.

Andrew, you are very much like this, an encourager, listener, helper, leader, a man in the image of Jesus - I hope you don't feel burnout and disheartened at times because you work so hard for the good of our service (and church) and the work of our Lord. I thank our Father that we are blessed with your gifts. Thank you.

mw said...

Firstly, Amen, Andrew is a great example and i was lucky enough to be looked after him for a while and he has impacted immensly on my life and relationship with Jesus when i needed it most!!! Secondly, what does hubris mean????

Jessica Lowe said...

Proud, opposite of humble...not a word I'd usually use, but I was laying on the loungue and asked what the opposite of humble was and got the answer hubris from my aunt, so I had to use it!

Andrew is tops eh.

mw said...

please don't think i am blowing my own trumpet or saying how cool i am, i meerly was having a bad day and felt like venting something, i just wrote it as a retorical question... not meaning for discussion as much... just one of those questions i ponder in my head...take it as talking to myself if you want...

Jessica Lowe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew Paterson said...

Praise God for you both!

Venting is good and keep doing it MW. I really appreciate your honesty in what you write. Let us know too on your blog what happens re Hayman on Friday.

mw said...

if you mean when hayman comes to talk to us on friday, it has already happened, they already came. if it that that you want to know about then i will try and explain what i have not to bring it up to speed....

Andrew Paterson said...

Oops - so what happened? I guess that will give you one of your daily blogs for May!