Sunday, 4 March 2007
I hate the world, sorry.
This is probably the first time that i have gone into something negative, but i feel compelled. Today i completed the Child Protection course for people working with children. After todays course i feel really down. we had to go through all the types of abuse and statistics and such. i hate that we must have these rules. Throughout the course she kept saying that we live in a broken world (that being the reason for the need for rules) and it was only afterwards that i realised the meaning of this. Admittidly i was tired after evening church where, with one away, i was organising, and i hadn't had any lunch and i had been going all day. However, now, sitting at home i now realise why i felt so down. from doing the course, it makes me so very, hugely worried about my close friends at church. i now feel the need to desperately search for some good in this world, and i know the only possible place i can truly find it is with God. I hope that God will reveal this goodness to me soon cause i see no positive in the world at the moment, none at all, where is it? All of these rules make me not want to do any type of teaching. Well, as the rain pours down, and the sound of thunder fills the dark, grey land, i hope that things look up and i can see the sun again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Brother I know how you feel. And unfortunately it the guys who have done most of the bad stuff in the past and it's awful to hear the stories of what they have done to our children.
At the end of the course I felt polluted by the grievous sin described in some of the stories.
But MW you're a great teacher and good with kids...the feeling will pass.
Thanks for your honesty, it's refreshing.
grace and peace from your brother in Christ, ap
Used link from Andrew P's blog to find yours...I think that feeling is universal after completing that course...it should be anyway. You inspired part of my blog..Thank you for that. jhl
You're very welcome Jessica. And thanks both for your words, they let me know i'm not alone in these feelings. And Andrew, you probably know who i am most worried about at church and that really pains me (they said its more likely) that pains me even more! I do have future plans of marrying someone and possibly having a daughter and this scares me in regard to that as well!
Yes Michael, as a parent with a seven year old daughter I veer on the over-protective/cautious side with people I do not know very well and so on...still, as Christians having done this child protection course we have a great opportunity to show that others can trust us and that as Christians we mean business in training and screening our carers of little children. I think it's a great witness to our society.
Post a Comment